Free Meal for all NYC Children
7:30 AM- 1:30 PM
The New York City Department of Education is Committed to Making Three Free Meals Available for All NYC Children Across the City. Visit www.schools.nyc.gov/freemeals to learn more and fine a location.
Dear VPA family,
Schools will be closed until April 20 and possibly longer. Our online distance learning program will begin on Monday, March 23. We will be in the building on Tuesday, March 17, through March 19, from 8:30 am to 3 pm to answer questions from parents via phone. As we receive additional information, we will update this website in addition to sending you phone messages.
In the meantime, here are some tips on staying healthy:
All New Yorkers must continue to practice general viral infection prevention measures, including:
· Wash your hands with soap and water often.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
· Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
· Do not shake hands. Instead, wave or elbow bump.
· Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
· Get your flu shot – it’s never too late.
· Reduce overcrowding by walking or biking to work, if possible.
· If the train is too packed, wait for the next one.
New Family Site Webpage on Remote Learning for Multilingual and MLLs/ELLs
The Learn-at-Home now has a webpage on the family facing site, dedicated to supporting our Multilingual Learners and English Language Learners and their families with remote learning. This page includes educational resources on supporting children’s language development at home as well as resources on obtaining e-books in multiple languages. Please share this webpage with your families.